Install Ubuntu 9.04 to a Flash Drive in Windows
Create a USB Persistent Ubuntu 9.04 Flash Drive using Windows. In the following tutorial, I show you how we installed Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope), a product of Canonical Ltd to a USB flash drive using Windows and our USB Installer installation script. Ubuntu 9.04 can then be booted and run entirely from your portable USB device. This Flash Drive creation process does utilize the casper-rw loop block file for persistently saving your changes and restoring these changes on subsequent boots.
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Screenshot
Distribution Home Page: ubuntu.com
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Ubuntu 9.04 USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Ubuntu 9.04 ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- USB Installer For Ubuntu 9.04
Ubuntu 9.04 USB Flash Drive Creation tutorial
This tutorial is obsolete! Please use the Universal USB Installer instead.
- Download the torrent and then proceed to download the ISO using your favorite torrent client
- Download and launch USB Installer for Ubuntu 9.04, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
If all goes well, you should now be booting from your own personal Live Ubuntu 9.04 USB that allows you to save most of your changes persistently.