Put Ubuntu on Flash Drive using Windows
Create an Ubuntu Live USB Flash Drive from Windows: In the following tutorial, we show you an easy way to put Ubuntu on a USB Flash Drive using Windows. Once finished, you should be able to run Ubuntu directly from your Flash Drive, just as it does from a Live CD. Ubuntu's casper-rw feature is also utilized for persistently saving and restoring your changes on subsequent boots.
Screenshot of Ubuntu
Distribution Home Page: ubuntu.com
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Ubuntu Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Ubuntu ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the conversion)
Ubuntu Live USB Flash Drive Creation tutorial
- Download and launch our Universal USB Installer and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
You should be booting from your own personal Live Ubuntu USB that might also be used to install Ubuntu to a Hard Drive.