Install Kubuntu 8.10 to a Flash Drive using Windows
Create a Kubuntu 8.10 Persistent USB Flash Drive using Windows. The following tutorial covers the process of creating a Kubuntu 8.10 Persistent flash drive using our USB Installer for Kubuntu 8.10. Kubuntu 8.10 is a product of canonical ltd and is based on Ubuntu but sports a KDE 4 desktop instead of Gnome. Some people prefer the KDE desktop due to it's unique graphical look and feel. Upon completion of this tutorial, you should have a bootable Live USB Kubuntu 8.10 that utilizes a persistent loop file (casper-rw) for saving and restoring changes.
Kubuntu 8.10 Desktop Screenshot:
Distribution Home Page: Kubuntu
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Kubuntu 8.10 USB Flash Drive Creation Prerequisites:
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Kubuntu 8.10 ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (Fat32 formatted)
- USB Installer for Kubuntu 8.10
Creating a Live Kubuntu 8.10 USB Flash Drive:
This tutorial is obsolete! Please use the Universal USB Installer instead.
- Download the torrent and then proceed to download the ISO using your favorite torrent client
- Download and run USB Installer For Kubuntu 8.10, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
You should now be able to boot from your own Live USB Kubuntu 8.10. In addition any changes that you make should be saved and restored on subsequent boots.