Install MCNLive to a USB Thumb Drive using the CD
Create a MCNLive Flash Drive using the Live CD. MCNLive is a live CD based purely on Mandriva Linux and was designed for use with most common desktop and notebook computers. Like Mandriva, MCNLive comes with almost every essential tool including networking utilities, internet tools, multimedia software, graphical tools and office applications. Just about everything the average Linux computer user might need can be found in MCNLive. Another great feature is the included easy to use graphical installer that allows a user to install MCNLive to a USB device. There is even an installer to install to an internal hard disk.
Distribution Home Page: mcnlive.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 512MB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Creating a portable USB MCNLive:
- Download MCNLive
- Burn the ISO to a CD and reboot from the Live CD
- Open a terminal and select Session-> New Root Shell from the terminal window:
fdisk -land note which device is your USB flash drive
- From the Start Menu, navigate to MCNLive-> Create Live USB
- Now simply follow the onscreen instructions to create your USB MCNLive
- Once the process has finished, reboot your computer and set your BIOS or Boot Menu options to boot from the USB device
Enjoy running MCNLive on your USB Flash drive!