Install YlmF OS to a Flash Drive from Windows
YlmF OS is a Windows like Linux Operating System based on Ubuntu. It has been themed by it's creator to look just like Windows and at first glance it is hard to tell the difference (but it does use unique images and icons). In the following tutorial, we show you how we created a Live YlmF USB Flash Drive from Windows using our third party Universal USB Installer. Upon completion, you should be able to run YlmF OS from your USB device, saving changes persistently on subsequent boots.
YlmF OS Desktop Screenshot
Distribution Home Page: http://www.ylmf.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB (with persistence)
Persistent Feature: Yes
Ylmf OS Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the conversion)
YlmF OS Live USB Flash Drive Creation tutorial
- Download and launch our Universal USB Installer, select YlmF OS and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
If all went well, you should be booting from your Live YlmF USB that allows you to save most of your changes persistently.
Default username and password for YlmF OS
Password: (Just press Enter) there is no password set by default