Install Xubuntu 9.04 to a Flash Drive in Windows
Create a USB Persistent Xubuntu 9.04 Flash Drive using Windows. In the following tutorial, we will cover the process of installing Xubuntu 9.04 to a USB flash drive using Windows and our custom USB Installer script. Xubuntu is product of Canonical ltd that is based on Ubuntu but utilizes the XFCE desktop environment. Xubuntu is designed to use less resources than its counterparts, making it a great Linux OS to run portably from a USB flash drive. Upon completion, you should have a portable Xubuntu that you can take with you and run from any PC that supports booting from USB.
Xubuntu 9.04 Desktop Screenshot
Distribution Home Page: xubuntu.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Prerequisites for creating a Xubuntu 9.04 Live USB
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Xubuntu 9.04 ISO (download using a bittorrent client)
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (Fat32 formatted)
- USB Installer for Xubuntu 9.04.exe
How to Create a Xubuntu 9.04 Live USB Flash Drive
This tutorial is obsolete! Please use the Universal USB Installer instead.
- Download the Xubuntu 9.04 torrent and use your favorite bittorrent client to download the ISO
- Download and launch USB Installer for Xubuntu 9.04, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
You should now have your own personal Live USB Xubuntu 9.04 that will also save most of the changes that you make back to the USB device, restoring them on subsequent boots.
Install Xubuntu 9.04 to a Flash Drive in Windows published under Old USB installs from Windows