Create a Xubuntu 8.10 Persistent USB Flash Drive using Windows. The following tutorial covers the process of creating a Xubuntu 8.10 USB flash drive using Windows and our custom script. Xubuntu a product of Canonical ltd is based on Ubuntu but utilizes the XFCE desktop environment. It was designed to use less resources than Ubuntu or Kubuntu, which makes Xubuntu a great candidate to run from a USB flash drive or Live USB.
Distribution Home Page: xubuntu.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Xubuntu 8.10 Desktop Screenshot
Essentials for creating a Xubuntu 8.10 Live USB
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Xubuntu 8.10 ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (Fat32 formatted)
- USB Installer for Xubuntu 8.10
How to Create a Xubuntu 8.10 Live USB Flash Drive
This tutorial is obsolete! Please use the Universal USB Installer instead.
- Download the torrent and then proceed to download the ISO using your favorite bittorrent client
- Download and launch USB Installer for Xubuntu 8.10, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
You should now have your own personal Live USB Xubuntu 8.10 that will save any changes that you make and restore them on subsequent boots.