Install xPUD to a Flash Drive from Windows
Create a xPUD Persistent USB Flash Drive from Windows. xPUD is an intuitive minimal Linux Operating system. It was created by Penk and functions like a Kiosk. xPUD ships with the Firefox Browser, Gnome Media Player, Transmission Bit torrent Client, Geany Text Editor, Gpicview Picture Viewer, EPDFView and Xterm Terminal Emulator. More apps can be installed for other tasks. xPUD is optimized for Netbooks and can be run from a Desktop or Laptop just as well (drivers are available). The entire xPUD Operating environment can boot in just a few seconds from a USB device.
xPUD Desktop Screenshots:
Distribution Home Page: xpud.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 128MB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Prerequisites for creating a xPUD Live USB (Persistent)
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- xPUD ISO
- 128MB or larger USB flash drive (Fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer
How to Create a Live USB XPUD Flash Drive
- Download and launch our Universal USB Installer, select xPUD and follow the onscreen instructions
- When the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
- Once you have XPUD setup how you want it, (1) Click Settings > Backup from the xPUD Desktop. (2) Make sure Backup to: location is your USB device. (3) Click Backup.
You should now have your own personal Live USB xPUD that will also save most of the changes that you make back to the USB device, restoring them on subsequent boots.
Install xPUD to a Flash Drive from Windows published under Flash drive installs using Windows