Create a xPUD Persistent USB Flash Drive from Windows. xPUD is an intuitive minimal Linux Operating system. It was created by Penk and functions like a Kiosk. xPUD ships with the Firefox Browser, Gnome Media Player, Transmission Bit torrent Client, Geany Text Editor, Gpicview Picture Viewer, EPDFView and Xterm Terminal Emulator. More apps can be installed for other tasks. xPUD is optimized for Netbooks and can be run from a Desktop or Laptop just as well (drivers are available). The entire xPUD Operating environment can boot in just a few seconds from a USB device.
xPUD Desktop USB Boot
Distribution Home Page: xpud.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 128MB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Prerequisites for creating a xPUD Live USB (Persistent)
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- xPUD ISO
- USB flash drive (Fat32 formatted)
How to Create a Live USB XPUD Flash Drive using YUMI
- Download and launch -> YUMI
- (1) Select your Flash Drive. (2) Choose xPUD from the selection of distros. (3) Browse to your xPUD ISO file, and then click Create.
- When the YUMI script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
- Once you have XPUD setup how you want it, (1) Click Settings > Backup from the xPUD Desktop. (2) Make sure Backup to: location is your USB device. (3) Click Backup.
You should now have your own personal Live USB xPUD that will also save most of the changes that you make back to the USB device, restoring them on subsequent boots.