Ophcrack Windows Password Recovery from USB
Ophcrack is a free Windows Password Recovery tool that uses rainbow tables to retrieve Windows login passwords from password hashes. The tool is available in two versions (Vista Ophcrack and XP Ophcrack). In the following tutorial, we explain how we created an All In One USB Ophcrack Flash Drive. This bootable flash drive utility can then be used to recover, reveal or crack both Windows XP and Windows Vista login passwords.
How to Boot Ophcrack from a portable USB flash drive:
Having Ophcrack for Windows Vista and XP on a USB thumb drive can come in handy for those who may have lost their Windows admin or user Login Password and need to quickly recover a lost Windows password.
Ophcrack Windows Password Recovery Tool:
Distribution Home Page: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 1GB
Persistent Feature: No – Doesn't need to be
USB Ophcrack flash drive creation essentials:
- Windows Computer (Windows XP or Vista)
- 1GB or larger flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer
How to Create a bootable Ophcrack flash drive:
- Download and run Universal USB Installer, select OphCrack XP, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Create a folder named vista_free inside the tables folder on your USB Flash Drive
- Download and unzip the tables_vista_free. zip to the tables/vista_free folder on your USB Flash Drive
- Reboot your PC and set your system to boot from the USB device
If all goes well, you should be booting from the USB stick into a mini Linux environment. Ophcrack is launched automatically after the system has booted. You should now be able to recover both Windows XP and Windows Vista login Passwords using this single USB tool.
Ophcrack Windows Password Recovery from USB published under Flash drive installs using Windows