Install Kubuntu 9.04 to a Flash Drive in Windows
Create a USB Persistent Kubuntu 9.04 Flash Drive using Windows. In the following tutorial, I will show you how we quickly created a Kubuntu 9.04 USB flash drive using our custom USB Installer within Windows. A product of canonical ltd, Kubuntu 9.04 features the popular, elegant and awe inspiring KDE desktop environment. This tutorial makes use of a casper persistent loop file (casper-rw) for saving and restoring most preferences, changes and downloads.
Kubuntu 9.04 Desktop Screenshot:
Distribution Home Page: kubuntu.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
USB Kubuntu 9.04 Flash Drive Creation Essentials:
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Kubuntu 9.04 ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (Fat32 formatted)
- USB-Installer-For-Kubuntu-9.04.exe (contains the files to do the conversion)
Creating a Live Kubuntu 9.04 USB Flash Drive in Windows:
This tutorial is obsolete! Please use the Universal USB Installer instead.
- Download the Kubuntu 9.04 torrent and proceed to download the ISO using your favorite bittorrent client
- Download and run USB Installer For Kubuntu 9.04, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
You should now be able to boot from your own Live USB Kubuntu 9.04. In addition any changes that you make should be saved and restored on subsequent boots.
Install Kubuntu 9.04 to a Flash Drive in Windows published under Old USB installs from Windows