Put System Rescue CD on a USB Flash Drive using Windows. System Rescue CD is a Gentoo based Linux System Rescue Disk. More specifically it can be used for repairing a computer or recovering data after a crash. The distribution includes popular utilites such as GNU Parted, GParted, Partimage, ddrescue, FSArchiver, File system tools, NTFS-3g, sfdisk, Test-disk, memtest, network tools. The following process outlines one way to quickly create your very own System Rescue USB from the ISO using Windows and YUMI to complete the task.
System Rescue CD running from USB
Distribution Home Page: https://www.sysresccd.org
Persistent Feature: No (not necessary)
USB Bootable System Rescue prerequisites:
- Computer that can boot from USB
- Running Windows 8/10 Operating System
- Flash Drive (Fat32 formatted)
- systemrescue ISO
How to Create a System Rescue USB from the ISO
- Download and launch YUMI
- (1) Select your Flash Drive.
(2) Then choose System Rescue from the drop down list.
(3) Browse to the ISO file, and then click Create.
- Once the YUMI USB Installer has finished, reboot your PC and set the BIOS or Boot menu to boot from the USB device.
Finally, upon reboot, you should be presented with a YUMI Boot Menu allowing you to select and run System Rescue CD from your flash drive.