This simple tutorial explains how to put Mandriva on a USB Flash Drive from within a running Windows environment by using YUMI. Once the Mandriva ISO is installed, the resulting Bootable USB Flash Drive can be used to try out OpenMandriva Live on USB, and or to install OpenMandriva from the Flash Drive to your internal Hard Drive. Instead of using a traditional CD/DVD ROM.
USB Bootable OpenMandriva Live
Distribution Home Page: https://www.openmandriva.org/
Persistent Feature: No
Mandriva Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows 8/10
- Computer that can boot from USB
- Open Mandriva ISO
- Flash Drive
How to Run OpenMandriva from a USB Flash Drive
- Download the OpenMandriva ISO file.
- Download and launch the YUMI USB Boot creation software.
- 1: Choose your Flash Drive from the drop down list.
2: Then select Try Unlisted ISO (Grub Partition 4) from the list.
3: Browse to your ISO file, and then click Create.
- Once the YUMI script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If all went smoothly, you should be presented with a YUMI Boot Menu option that you can now select to Boot Open Mandriva Live from your USB Flash Drive.