This simple tutorial explains how to put Open Mandriva on a USB Flash Drive from within a running Windows environment by using YUMI. Upon completion, the resulting Bootable USB can be used to try out OpenMandriva Live on USB. You can also use the Bootable USB to install to your hard drive, instead of using a traditional CD/DVD ROM for installation.
Live Open Mandriva USB Bootable
Distribution Home Page: Project Page
Persistent Feature: No
Bootable USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials:
- Windows 8/10/11
- Computer that can boot from USB
- OpenMandriva ISO
- USB Flash Drive
- YUMI (Multiboot USB Creator Tool)
How to Make a Bootable Live Mandriva USB
- Download the OpenMandriva ISO file.
- Download and launch the YUMI USB Boot creation software.
- 1: Choose your Flash Drive from the drop down list.
2: Then select Try Unlisted ISO (Grub Partition 4) from the list.
3: Browse to your ISO file, and then click Create.
- Once the YUMI script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If all went smoothly, you should be presented with a YUMI Boot Menu option that you can now select to Boot your Live Mandriva USB Flash Drive.