Put Lucid Puppy on a USB Flash Drive in Windows. In the following section I will show you one way to put Lucid Puppy “Lupu” on a USB Flash Drive from within Windows by using YUMI. Lucid Puppy, coordinated by Barry Kauler is made from a combination of Woof and Canonical’s Ubuntu Lucid Lynx release. Although cram packed with popular features, this Linux distribution remains lightweight and small. Weighing in at only 128MB.
Lucid Puppy Linux “Lupu” Running from USB
Distribution Home Page: https://wikka.puppylinux.com/Lucid
Persistent Feature: Yes
- Windows 8/10 PC to perform the conversion
- Flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- YUMI (does the conversion)
How to Create a Lucid Puppy Live USB
- Download and run the YUMI Bootable USB creation software.
- (1) Select your Flash Drive from the drop list. (2) Next, choose Lucid Puppy Linux for the distribution. (3) Browse to your ISO and then click Create.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and then reboot.
If all went well, you should be booting from your YUMI created bootable USB with a menu option to USB boot Lucid Puppy Linux. You will be prompted to create a persistent file for saving your session data on shutdown. Just be sure to choose your flash drive when prompted.