Put Lucid Puppy on USB from Windows. In the following section I show you one way to install and run “LUPU” Lucid Puppy from a Flash Drive using YUMI. Lucid Puppy, coordinated by Barry Kauler, is made from a combination of Woof and Canonical’s Ubuntu Lucid Lynx release. Although cram packed with popular features, this Linux distribution remains lightweight and small. Weighing in at only 128MB.
Lucid Puppy Linux Running from USB
Distribution Home Page: Distro Project Page
Persistent Feature: Yes
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 PC
- Flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- YUMI (Multiboot USB Creator – does the conversion)
How to Create a Lucid Puppy Live USB
- Download and run the YUMI Bootable USB Software Tool.
- (1) Select your Flash Drive from the drop list. (2) Next, choose Lucid Puppy Linux for the distribution. (3) Browse to your ISO and then click Create.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC. Then, enter your System BIOS or Boot Menu and select to boot from your removable thumb drive. Save your changes, and then reboot.
If all went well, you should be booting from your YUMI created bootable USB with a menu option to USB boot Puppy Linux. You will be prompted to create a persistent file for saving your session data on shutdown. Just be sure to choose your flash drive when prompted.
Note: You should also be able to use your flash memory stick to Install the Portable Operating System to a hard drive.