Put Lucid Puppy on USB Flash Drive from Windows
Put Lucid Puppy on a USB Flash Drive in Windows. In the following section I will show you one way to put Lucid Puppy "Lupu" on a USB Flash Drive from within Windows by using our Universal USB Installer. Lucid Puppy, coordinated by Barry Kauler is made from a combination of Woof and Canonical's Ubuntu Lucid Lynx release. Although cram packed with popular features, this Linux distribution remains small, weighing in at only 128MB.
Lucid Puppy Linux "Lupu" Running from USB:
Distribution Home Page: http://puppylinux.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 128MB (more with persistence)
Persistent Feature: Yes
Lucid Puppy Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC (XP/VIsta/7) to perform the conversion
- 128MB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the USB conversion)
Lucid Puppy Live USB Flash Drive Creation tutorial
- Download and launch our Universal USB Installer, select Lucid Puppy and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
If all went well, you should be booting from your Lucid Puppy USB. You will be prompted to create a persistent file for saving your session data on shutdown. Just be sure to choose your USB device when prompted.
Put Lucid Puppy on USB Flash Drive from Windows published under Flash drive installs using Windows