How to put Lubuntu on a Flash Drive using Windows: Lubuntu is essentially Ubuntu with an LXDE desktop environment. LXDE is a lightweight X11 desktop environment that is optimal for older or slower computers and netbooks because requires less processing power and RAM. Here we will show you how to install Lubuntu to a USB flash drive from within Windows using the Universal USB Installer. Once complete, you will be able to run Lubuntu from USB with Persistence. Enabling you to save and restore some changes on subsequent USB boot. You will also be able to optionally Install Lubuntu from USB to a hard drive.
USB Bootable Lubuntu with Persistence
Distribution Home Page: Project Home
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 4GB+ (with persistence)
Persistent Feature: Yes
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Luuntu ISO
- 4GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the Live Bootable USB conversion)
Creating a Lubuntu Live USB Flash Drive using Windows
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer.
- Select Lubuntu from the drop list of distributions and then follow the remaining instructions.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If everything worked out smoothly, you should now be able to run Lubuntu Live directly from your Flash Drive with persistence. You can also opt to Install Lubuntu from USB to a hard drive.