Put Lubuntu on a Flash Drive using Windows
How to Put Lubuntu on a Flash Drive using Windows: Lubuntu is essentially Ubuntu with an LXDE desktop environment. LXDE is a lightweight X11 desktop environment that is optimal for netbooks and older or slower computers because requires less Processing Power and RAM. In the following, I'll show you how to install Lubuntu 10.04 or 10.10 to a USB Flash Drive from Windows using our Universal USB Installer.
Lubuntu Desktop Screenshot
Distribution Home Page: Lubuntu.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 1GB (2GB+ with persistence)
Persistent Feature: Yes
Lubuntu Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Luuntu ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the conversion)
Creating a Lubuntu Live USB Flash Drive using Windows
- Download and launch our Universal USB-Installer and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
If everything worked out smoothly, you should now be running Lubuntu directly from your Flash Drive. You could also install Lubuntu to a Hard Disk using the USB Flash Drive.
Put Lubuntu on a Flash Drive using Windows published under Flash drive installs using Windows