How to put Lubuntu on a Flash Drive using Windows: Lubuntu is essentially Ubuntu with an LXDE desktop environment. LXDE is a lightweight X11 desktop environment that is optimal for netbooks and older or slower computers because requires less Processing Power and RAM. In the following, I’ll show you how to install Lubuntu to a USB Flash Drive from within Windows using the Universal USB Installer.
USB Bootable Lubuntu
Distribution Home Page: Lubuntu.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB+
Persistent Feature: Yes
Lubuntu Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Luuntu ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the conversion)
Creating a Lubuntu Live USB Flash Drive using Windows
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer.
- Select Lubuntu from the drop list of distributions and then follow the remaining instructions.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If everything worked out smoothly, you should now be able to run Lubuntu directly from your Flash Drive. You can also now use the USB to install Linux to a hard drive.