Put Kubuntu on a Flash Drive from Windows
Put Kubuntu on a Flash Drive using Windows: Kubuntu is a fork of Ubuntu, offered by Canonical Ltd, that utilizes a KDE desktop environment. KDE is often preferred over Gnome for its visual appearance and Windows familiar functionality. In the following tutorial, we cover a simple way to install Kubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" or Kubuntu 10.10 " Maverick Meerkat" to a USB Flash Drive using Windows and our Universal USB Installer. Once finished, your Flash Drive will act as a Live Kubuntu USB, that could be used in place of a Live CD (Persistence is optional).
Desktop Screenshot of Kubuntu
Distribution Home Page: Kubuntu.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Kubuntu Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Kuuntu ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the conversion)
Kubuntu Live USB Flash Drive Creation from Windows
- Download and launch our Universal USB-Installer and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
You should now be able to run Kubuntu directly from the Flash Drive or install Kubuntu to a Hard Disk from your USB.
Put Kubuntu on a Flash Drive from Windows published under Flash drive installs using Windows