How to easily put Bitdefender Rescue CD on a USB Flash Drive. Bitdefender Rescue CD is a free bootable anti virus scanner that is based on the Knoppix Linux Operating System. It can be used to independently scan your computer for viruses, and then remove those threats if necessary. In the following section, we show you one way to quickly put it on a USB Flash Drive from Windows.
Bitdefender Rescue CD - Run from USB
Distribution Home Page: Bitdefender
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 512MB+
Persistent Feature: No
- Computer that can boot from USB
- Windows Operating Environment
- USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the USB Boot conversion)
How to create a Bitdefender Rescue CD Live USB
Note: It appears that this tool is no longer supported or offered by BitDefender. This section is left here for those who still have a copy to try.
- Download Bitdefender RescueCD ISO
- Download and launch the Universal USB Installer
- Select the "Bitdefender Rescue CD" option and follow the remaining onscreen instructions.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot.
If all went well, you should be booting from your very own Bitdefender Rescue USB.