Create a MCNLive Flash Drive using the Live CD. MCNLive is a live CD based purely on Mandriva Linux. It was designed for use with most common desktop and notebook computers. Like Mandriva, this distro comes with almost every essential tool including networking utilities, internet tools, multimedia software, graphical tools and office applications.
Just about everything the average Linux computer user might need can be found in this distribution. Another great feature is the included easy to use graphical installer that allows a user to install it to a USB device. There is even an installer to install to an internal hard disk.
Distribution Home Page: mcnlive.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 512MB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Creating a portable USB MCNLive
- Download the ISO file
- Burn the ISO to a CD and reboot from the Live CD
- Open a terminal and select Session-> New Root Shell from the terminal window:
fdisk -land note which device is your USB flash drive
- From the Start Menu, navigate to MCNLive-> Create Live USB
- Now simply follow the onscreen instructions to create your Live USB.
- Once the process has finished, reboot your computer and set your BIOS or Boot Menu options to boot from the removable flash device.