How to Create a Knoppix Bootable USB Flash Drive using the built in Knoppix flash installer that is included with the Live CD. Knoppix Linux was originally created by Klaus Knopper. This bootable Live Operating System is well known for its excellent automatic hardware detection capabilities. In addition there is a version called orca which features a built in screen reader to help the blind.
Distribution Home Page: knopper.net
Persistent Feature: Yes
Running Knoppix Bootable USB Flash Drive
Creating a Knoppix USB using the Flashdisk installer
- Download the ISO file and then burn the ISO to a CD or DVD.
- Restart your computer and enter your BIOS or Boot Menu. Set your boot device to boot from the Live CD. Then Boot.
- From the Adriane menu, arrow down. Now select Setup, Then press Enter.
- Next, arrow down and select Store on Flashdisk, then press Enter.
- Now just follow the remaining onscreen instructions to create your Bootable USB.
- Finally, once the process has finished, remove your CD or DVD, then reboot, setting your boot menu to boot from your USB flash drive.
Additional Boot options that can be entered at startup:
adriane – (default option) Start ADRIANE with speech assistant
knoppix – (bypass the menu and speech assistant) Start KNOPPIX in full graphical X environment
(For troubleshooting, the following can be amended to either boot option)
acpi=off noapic nolapic pci=bios