Install Ubuntu Rescue Remix to a Flash Drive
Create a Ubuntu Rescue Remix Live USB Flash Drive from Windows: The following tutorial covers one method of installing and running (URR) Ubuntu Rescue Remix 9.10 or 10.04 to a USB Flash Drive using a Windows PC and our Universal USB Installer to perform the install. Upon completion, Ubuntu Rescue Remix can be run from a USB Flash Drive.
Created and maintained by Andrew Zajac, URR is a Linux system providing data recovery specialists with a command-line interface, equipped with the best free-libre, open source data recovery and forensics tools available.
Note that this installation process can utilize a casper-rw loopback image file for persistently saving and restoring changes on subsequent boots.
Screenshot of UBuntu Rescue Remix (running from USB)
Distribution Home Page: ubuntu-rescue-remix.org
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB (256MB without persistence)
Persistent Feature: Yes
Ubuntu Rescue Remix USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Ubuntu Rescue Remix ISO
- 256MB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer (does the conversion)
Ubuntu Rescue Remix Live USB Flash Drive Creation tutorial
- Download and launch our Universal USB Installer, select the Ubuntu Rescue Remix version you downloaded, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
If all goes well, you should now be booting from your ubuntu-rescue-remix on USB