Create a USB Bootable Sugar on a Stick Flash Drive; Sugar on a Stick by sugarlabs.org is a compressed version of Fedora. It was created specifically for children as an alternative to the office style desktop. It is essentially a learning platform that promotes collaborative learning through activities that encourage critical thinking. Sugar is used daily in an educational environment by millions of children worldwide and is available in several languages.
Creating your own Bootable USB is relatively straight forward and can easily be accomplished with just a few clicks by using YUMI.
Sugar on a Stick running from USB
Distribution Home Page: https://www.sugarlabs.org/
Persistent Feature: Yes
- Windows 8/10 host PC (does the conversion)
- USB Flash Drive
- SoaS Live ISO File
How to create a Sugar on a Stick USB using YUMI
- Download and launch the YUMI software.
- (1) Select your Flash Drive from the list of devices.
(2) Next, choose Sugar on a Stick from the list of distros.
(3) Browse to your ISO, and then click Create.
- Once YUMI has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If all goes well, you should now be booting into your own portable Sugar on a Stick (SoaS).