How to Create a Kiwi USB Key: In the following tutorial, we will explain how to quickly and easily install Kiwi Linux to a USB Flash Drive using Windows. Kiwi Linux is a minimal remix based on Ubuntu that includes Adobe Flash along with audio and video codecs for restricted formats and support for encrypted DVDs. This distribution is for English, Romanian, and Hungarian speaking users. This tutorial does support the persistence feature, enabling you to save and restore most of your changes on subsequent boots.
Looks just like Ubuntu ;)
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Kiwi ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (Fat32 formatted)
- Universal USB Installer
Distribution Home Page: http://kiwilinux.org/kiwi/en/index.html
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
How to Create a Kiwi USB Flash Drive using Windows
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer
- Select Kiwi from the list and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
You should finally be able to boot from your own Live USB Kiwi. In addition any changes that you make should be saved and restored on subsequent boots.