How to Install Easy Peasy to USB Flash Drive using Windows and the Universal USB Installer. Easy Peasy is a Remix for Netbooks that is based on Ubuntu. It is an operating system optimized for netbooks. Founded by Jon Ramvi, this Netbook OS offers applications such as Skype, Transmission BitTorrent Client, Pidgin Messenger, Evolution Email, Open Office, and Firefox with Flash, Java and other codecs already installed.
Note: This tutorial does utilize the casper-rw persistence feature allowing your to run Easy Peasy Persistently from your USB Flash Drive, saving changes back to the drive and then restoring those changes on subsequent boots.
USB Bootable EasyPeasy
Distribution Home Page: Project Page
Note: This is a Discontinued Project
Persistent Feature: Yes
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- USB Flash Drive
- Universal USB Installer (to create a bootable USB)
How to Install Easy Peasy to USB with Persistence
- Download the EasyPeasy ISO
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer
- Then select EasyPeasy and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Save your changes and then reboot.
If all goes well, you should now finally have your very own Easy Peasy Persistent USB Flash Drive to play with.
Note: This is a Netbook distribution and does not play well with Desktop PCs and Laptops. It was specifically designed only for Netbooks.