How to create a SimplyMEPIS 8 USB Flash Drive using our Universal USB Installer while running from Windows. MEPIS Linux was founded by Warren Woodford in November 2002. Warren didn’t like how current Linux desktops worked, so he decided to create his own. The first version was released to the public in May 2003. The SimplyMEPIS was originally based on Debian.
USB Bootable SimplyMEPIS
Distribution Home Page: mepis.org
Persistent Feature: No
You’ll need the following:
- USB Flash Pen Drive (Fat32 formatted)
- Windows PC to Perform the install
- MEPIS 8 Linux ISO
- Universal USB Installer (does the conversion)
Creating a MEPIS USB Flash Drive
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer.
- Select Simply MEPIS and then follow the onscreen instructions
- Reboot your PC and then set your system BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Next save your changes and then reboot.
If all went well, MEPIS should finally be running from your flash drive.
MEPIS Login Passwords:
User: Demo Password: demo
User: Root Password: root