How to Install Simply MEPIS to USB by using the Universal USB Installer while running from Windows. MEPIS Linux was founded by Warren Woodford in November 2002. Warren didn’t like how current Linux desktops worked, so he decided to create his own. The first version was released to the public in May 2003. SimplyMEPIS was originally based on Debian.
USB Bootable Simply MEPIS
Distribution Home Page: mepis.org
Note: This project is no longer being developed.
Persistent Feature: No
You will need the following:
- USB Flash Drive (Fat32 formatted)
- Windows PC
- MEPIS 8 Linux ISO
- Universal USB Installer (to create the Bootable USB)
How to Install Simply MEPIS to USB Flash Drive
- Download the MEPIS ISO
- Download and then launch the Universal USB Installer.
- Select Simply MEPIS and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Reboot your PC and then set your system BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device. Next save your changes and then reboot.
If all went well, MEPIS should finally be running from your flash drive.
MEPIS Login Passwords
User: Demo Password: demo
User: Root Password: root