Create a DreamLinux USB Flash Drive from CD
How to Create a DreamLinux Flash Drive using the Persistent Dreamlinux Installer while running from the Live CD. DreamLinux is a remix based on Debian Linux that features useful applications like Firefox, Thunderbird, Inkscape, Gimp, Open Office, Pidgin, Evince, Gthumb, Xsane, Avant-Window-Navigator, Engage, Rhythmbox, SoundJuicer, SoundConverter, Totem Media Player, Avidemux, EasyTag, Brasero and more.
Upon completion of this tutorial, you should end up with a USB DreamLinux Flash Drive that makes use of a persistence feature to save your changes and restore them on subsequent boots.
DreamLinux Desktop Screenshot
Distribution Home Page: DreamLinux
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Essentials to create a DreamLinux Flash Drive
- DreamLinux CD
- Working CD/DVD Drive
- 2GB+ USB Flash Drive
DreamLinux USB Install via the Persistent Dream Script
- Download DreamLinux Desktop Edition 3.5 XFCE ISO
- Burn the ISO to a CD and restart your PC, booting from the CD
- (1) Click the Persistent Dream shortcut from the Desktop (2) Click Next
- (1) Type the size of partition you wish to use for DreamLinux (2) Click Ok
- Once the partition has been setup, Click Next
- You should see a percentage indicator displaying progress. One the script has finished, Click Done
- Shutdown Dreamlinux, Remove the CD, Reboot your computer setting your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device.
If all goes well, you should now be running Dreamlinux from your USB device.
Create a DreamLinux USB Flash Drive from CD published under Flash drive installs using Live CD